Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Waiting on our TA

Is Day 2 of our wait too soon to start getting my hopes up??? OK, I know, I know.  The average is 2-3 weeks for the CCAA to issue Travel Approvals, but a girl can dream, huh? Our Article 5 was picked up yesterday from the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou and express mailed to Beijing and I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping and praying that it doesn't take more than two weeks to get here! I guess I'd better try to be a little more realistic about my dreams though, huh?

Big Sophia is so good to keep me updated on our little Sophia and sent these sweet pictures this week. Our girl loves balloons, which is good to know because I'm hoping to get my hands on one that morning before we get to the Civil Affairs office to meet her for the first time. (Anything to make it less stressful and hopefully help her to want to come with us!)



I'm not diggin' the haircut, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing her laughing like this!

This is Windee, one of the cleft babies at Starfish that Sophia loves to kiss and love on.

As long as we get our Travel Approval in time to make all the arrangements and reservations needed, (and of course get the Consulate Appointment on the date we're hoping for) we plan on leaving the day before Thanksgiving, which is only FIVE weeks from tomorrow. So, so exciting!!!

Till next time,
Karee

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I am so excited for you. We too are waiting for TA. Our Article 5 was issued yesterday! (10/28/10). We are I-800 and our girl is in Hunan. Maire will be three on 12/23, so we are praying we can bring her home before then! I anxiously wait for good news! Praying your TA comes very soon :)

    ReplyDelete