Thursday, August 19, 2010

What's a Starfish Baby?

As I'm starting this blog, I can't go any further without explaining what an amazing blessing it is that Sophia is at Starfish Foster Home. How did she get there? When she was about 3 1/2 months old, an English volunteer brought her from the orphanage in Xi'an, to the foster home, where she has been ever since. You really should take a moment to look at their website (see last post) to see what a terrific place it is. Amanda runs the home and in our eyes, she is an angel!

After being matched with our little one, we went online to see if there was a Yahoo group for parents who have or are adopting from Xi'an City. There is and after introducing myself, someone asked us if our daughter is in Amanda's foster home. I remember thinking, "Who's Amanda and how in the world would I know if our girl is in her home???" Within 24 hours, I had a slew of emails from people sending me information, photos and even contact info for volunteers who are there right now! Normally, when you get matched with a child in China, you're lucky to get even one update while you wait to travel. That's why it was such an amazing blessing to find out Sophia is at Starfish and to be getting all these wonderful pictures and updates of her on a regular basis! So if you're wondering how we know so much about her already, it's because she's a Starfish baby. I have so many pictures of her, I thought I would start with some of her baby pictures first and share a few more each day. The first one is of Sophia (the volunteer who loves our little one so much) with our little Sophia.


Till next time,
Karee

No comments:

Post a Comment